Friday, September 24, 2010
Mid-Autumn Festival
Well these week was the Mid-Autumn Festival. It is one of the three main holidays in Chinese culture. Jennifer's sister Yu-Ling and her family came down from Taipei to spend it with us. We planned on having a BBQ like all families do on that day. However, ours was scheduled for the day and not at night because they needed to get back for work on the following day. We had just about got everything ready when it was time for the drawing at the local Tu-Di Gung Temple. He is like a sherrif deity that watches over your community. My wife had bought some tickets so she sent me over to the drawing. I spent the next three hours there since they tend to stretch the drawing out with a paper, scissor, rock competition and karaoke in between drawings. Eventually it ended and I walked away with 18 bars of soap, a cleaning kit and a new fan. However, the BBQ was over to so I didn't get anything to eat either. Then I went to my garden with James for a couple of hours to try to get things ready to replant. Hopefully in the coming week I can get it all in again. By then I was so tired that all I could do is go to sleep. So I went to bed rather early.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment