Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Summer Vacation






Well the trip is over and I am just about recuperated, so it is time to share with everyone what we did. Travels took us to Cache Valley for the first week. We landed at the Salt Lake airport and hurried to the park by Cedar Ridge Middle School for a birthday party. Elizabeth was turning 2 and the whole family was to be there. Aunt Robin did a great job decorating for the party, but with all the travel, Elizabeth was a little overwhelmed to see all these people and didn't do too much. The next day was Pioneer day and we went to parades, barbecued, played baseball and watched fireworks. That became the theme of the week. It seemed like we got together almost every night to have a great dinner and play some more baseball. The best was playing under the lights until 11:00. I think with all the activity, I even lost a pound or two, but that was short lived. After a week in Utah, we spent the next two weeks in California. Jennifer's family has two main interests, eating and shopping. Since I don't care much for the shopping, I felt like I was mostly eating. We did by a City Pass this year and so we spent two days in Disneyland, one in Sea World, one in the San Diego Wild Animal Park and one at Universal Studios. My recommendation for Disneyland is to eat the all you can eat Barbecue meal. However, I don't ever recommend buying the all you can eat day passes at any of the parks. I found myself gaining about 6-7 pounds during the San Diego portion of the trip, when we tried this idea at Sea World. I also sacrificed my body for my kids on this portion of the trip. I am not sure when I did it, but I damaged the joint in my leg and my leg began swelling shortly after returning from Utah. Each day I would walk with pain in my knee as the kids played. I tried not to let anyone know about it, but my wife, because I didn't want them to change their plans because of me. When I did return the doctor said that it looked as if I had ignored the injury for some time and also overworked it, because the joint that was swollen is normally just in the back, but had swollen all the way around the knee. I am now into my third week of physical therapy and hopefully this is the last.

No comments: