Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What happened to our house?

When we got back we had a few problems. The first thing was there was no water. We had turned off our power and I guess because we were gone so long the pipes got plugged and we had not water. That was fixed the next day, because we all definitely needed to take a shower. Then a few days later the breaker starting popping. We would turn it on and some time during the day it would pop again. We have three fuse boxes in our house and so it only put part of our house out of commission, but it happened to be the lights in the two bedrooms, plus our air conditioner. The lights were okay, but the A/C wasn't. I couldn't sleep without my A/C so I spent the next night on the sofa. The electrician came and changed a fuse and left. However, this didn't stop the problem. He told us we would have to try some tests on our own before he could come back. We ended up doing this after three nights on the sofa on a day that was pouring. Every time I would turn the breaker back on it would go off within about two minutes. Since the main switch is on the first floor and we are on the sixth it was starting to aggravate me all this going up and down and restarting of everything. Finally we had done all he said to do and still it didn't solve the problem. He said it must be the wiring and that he would need a whole day to fix that. So we had to put it off until Saturday. We did a lot of praying for it in between, because we were getting tired of sleeping on the sofa. I had done if for almost a week now. When he came he found the problem within about an hour. Their was a wire running outside the house that had become worn and it was causing the short. Well needless to say it was a lot cheaper than it could have been and I am back to my king sized bed and my A/C. Life is good.

No comments: