Wednesday, September 23, 2009

We had our district conference this weekend. Our visiting general authority was my old mission president. I got to be his driver and his assistant for everything they needed while they were here. They had enough time that we were able to take them out to lunch when they first arrived on Saturday. It insisted on paying, but we wouldn't let him. It will probably be the only time in my life that I buy dinner for a General Authority of the church. It was really great getting to renew an old friendship. He had many good things still to say about my family and I. The greatest compliment he gave was when we were talking about who my companions were he asked about my second companion and I told him who it was and then he said that right there tells you what type of a missionary you were then to have been assigned to him. He later said and you must have done a really great job with him, because he has become a very successful person in Washington D.C. Things weren't always to friendly with that companion, but to get a comment like that from my mission president meant a lot. The other picture here is of those people who are living within the district boundaries that have served under President and Sister Watson.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome ^_^

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

yesterday i was looking at you post and and what you said about Pres. Watson. Today i Turn on the TV and low and behold the old Grey haired man staring back at me was the same guy I saw in your pictures yesterday. I don't know if i would have recognized him if i hadn't seen him on your blog first. Any way I thought it was cool. he gave a good talk.