The highlight of the Canadian portion of our trip was when James and I got up and went whale watching the next morning. We traveled down to the San Juan Islands from Victoria Island, because they said that some orcas had been spotted. We were able to see two different pods of whales and also saw some of them on the ferry ride back to Vancouver. All in all we probably saw 30-40 different orcas. It was amazing and the captain of the boat was able to effectively place us in their swimming path several times so that we were able to get up close to some of them. There were several things that I didn't quite like about the Canadian portion of the trip, but this more than made up for it. I just wish Jennifer, Michael and Elizabeth would have come.
Sunday, September 13, 2009
The highlight of the Canadian portion of our trip was when James and I got up and went whale watching the next morning. We traveled down to the San Juan Islands from Victoria Island, because they said that some orcas had been spotted. We were able to see two different pods of whales and also saw some of them on the ferry ride back to Vancouver. All in all we probably saw 30-40 different orcas. It was amazing and the captain of the boat was able to effectively place us in their swimming path several times so that we were able to get up close to some of them. There were several things that I didn't quite like about the Canadian portion of the trip, but this more than made up for it. I just wish Jennifer, Michael and Elizabeth would have come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment