Monday, May 17, 2010

Anyone looking for a bride!

Well you have all seen pictures of my darling little girl. She is great. During the year she was born there were 8 other babies born in the church between the two branches. Some of them that had boys joked about how it would be nice if they grew up and got married. Well that is always fun, but this Saturday while shopping at the supermarket, I met an elderly lady that I used to hometeach. She said hi and immediately turned to her granddaughter who was there and said he is the brother that has the little girl. She asked if she was in the store. I said they were up front getting ready to check out and that I was just going to get my boys who were reading in the book section. When I got up front, the lady was introducing her little boy to our girl and trying to get him to give her a kiss on the cheek. Jennifer told me that this is the girl that sister who had talked about that wanted to set our daughter up with her son. That isn't the strange part. The strange part is that she came all the way from Los Angeles to visit her Grandma, but felt like she had to meet this little girl. So oddly enough there are people traveling half way around the world to meet a girl who can't date for another 14 years.

No comments: