Monday, May 17, 2010

She is still with me!

There is a reason why you should never stay angry long. Last week Jennifer and I had a little argument. I don't even remember what it was about, but I was bound and determined not to answer the phone when she called me. That was a big mistake. Anyway, what happened was that Jennifer had taken Elizabeth to eat. After eating at a local noodle stand they went to the school and Jennifer was going to let Elizaeth play on the slide for a while. One of the girls that works for us took her back to the slide when Jennifer started feeling an itching sensation. She has had allergies before and knew that this is what it was. However, it had never been this bad. She hurried to her car and called me along the way. I didn't answer of course. When she got downstairs she called again. Finally she went up the elevator to get me. When I opened the door she yelled at me, "I'm dying!" I hurried and put on some shoes and ran her to the hospital. Immediately upon getting in the car I turned on the hazards and decided that I would just have to run any red lights. Well we only came across one red light the whole way to the hospital. I turned right there which is still illegal in this country, but it wasn't to bad. When we got to the hospital I told Jennifer to go in and that I would go park the car. When she got into the emergency room there were some people arguing about something with the nurses. After waiting a little while she said "can I get some help here. I am very uncomfortable." The nurse looked up at started panicking and asking a lot of questions. What happened after that we aren't quite sure because Jennifer said everything went black. The next thing she knew it was a couple of hours later and she was sleeping in the emergency room. Later the nurses said that she had gone into shock and that if she had been another minute or two later she would have been dead. Sometimes God gives us little warnings to help remind us what is most important in life and I am sure it wasn't the little thing we were arguing about whatever it was.

No comments: