Monday, March 7, 2011
Speaking in Front of Hundreds
Well maybe I have been replaced as the preferred speaker in the house. This Sunday James spoke in the general session of District Conference. He was asked by a member of the seventy Elder Perkins who is the Asia Area President to speak on How For the Strength of the Youth has Blessed my Life. He typed out his talk and got it all ready. Then I helped him look at it to give him a few suggestions, but for the most part it was all his ideas. I mostly helped him make sure that he fit in the time frame that they gave him. I know how much they don't like people to take to long or to short. Then he practiced every night with a watch to make sure he had the timing down and that it was smooth. It went really well. I wish there was a way for you to see it. Even if I recorded it, it wouldn't do you much good since most of you don't understand Chinese, but we are so proud of James.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment